Roots are the gardener's trouble child. In the soil, they are only difficult to access, while in a hydroponic system, they are easily accessible but comparatively unprotected from pathogens. Considering how much energy the gardener invests in building a healthy root mass, it is worth protecting this valuable achievement from Pythium, Fusarium, Verticillium, and other fungi and bacteria that can cause devastating damage in hydroponic systems, especially during heat when mold thrives as an above-ground pathogen and can become a problem overnight.
Products marketed as ideal solutions - whether UV lamps or fungicides from the garden market - have significant disadvantages: some are expensive, impractical, and of questionable effectiveness, while others are toxic and harmful to health.
How fortunate that there is TrikoLogic S, a proven remedy that brings neither disadvantages nor risks.
For the best possible root protection, we have tested all the currently used beneficial strains and isolated only those with the fastest and most efficient action. Too many different strains would compete with each other when colonizing the parts of the plants to be protected and would be ineffective with fast-growing species.
TrikoLogic S contains a balanced mixture of beneficial microorganisms that start working immediately after application and cover the entire root mass with a protective layer, preventing the growth, spread, and survival of pathogenic fungi. TrikoLogic S is the safest way for you to protect your plants' roots from diseases. And because TrikoLogic S contains the same high-quality Trichoderma strains as TrikoLogic, it also breaks down unwanted organic residues floating in the nutrient solution that pose a health risk to the roots, converting them into plant-available minerals.
Terra Aquatica TrikoLogic S complies with the requirements of the European Directive 2008/113/EC on microorganisms as active substances.
Application of TrikoLogic S
TrikoLogic S is a natural, 100% organic root protection agent that is best used preventively. Like all aerobes, the microorganisms contained in TrikoLogic S are healthier and more efficient when they receive more oxygen and when pH, temperature, and humidity fluctuations are minimized.
- For seedlings, young, and mature plants: add 1g of TrikoLogic S to 15-20 liters of water or nutrient solution every 6 to 8 weeks.
- For mature plants in soil or coconut fiber: add 10g of TrikoLogic S to 150-200 liters of water or nutrient solution every 6 to 8 weeks. Simply add it to the irrigation/fertilization system or directly water the substrate with it.
- For hydroponics with free-floating roots or bioponics: for young plants with small root masses, TrikoLogic S requires a base for the colonization and multiplication of microorganisms. Use a commercially available biofilter or hang a 3-5 liter plastic mesh pot filled with 80% expanded clay and 20% coconut fiber in the water flowing into the tank, for example, under the return line of our GrowStream systems.
- All fertilizers and substrates from Terra Aquatica, hydroponics, and outdoor gardens.
- Pro Organic and other organic fertilizers from Terra Aquatica are particularly effective when combined with TrikoLogic® S.
- 1x TrikoLogic S 10g