Freeze Dryer Xiros Mikro with Vacuum Pump Anemos
Freeze Dryer Xiros Mikro
The Xiros Mikro freeze dryer by Holand Green Science is a small but powerful dryer specifically designed for use in laboratory environments. Despite its compact size, the Xiros Mikro freeze dryer has a high product capacity with up to 9 shelves and a capacity of 8 kg of ice, as well as 4 kg of sublimation in 24 hours. This allows for shorter processing times without taking up too much space in the lab. The freeze dryer features intuitive operation through a digital touch display and the ability to precisely adjust the drying time and temperature. The use of vacuum technology ensures that the samples are dried quickly and gently. The Xiros Mikro freeze dryer is ideal for use in organic chemistry, biotechnology, and the pharmaceutical industry.
Features and Benefits of the Xiros Mikro
- CE certified
- Market-leading ice storage capacity for larger batches or longer defrost intervals
- Easy loading due to flat machine design
- High-quality and powerful components from leading suppliers
- Designed to run 24/7
- Uses high-performance vacuum technology fittings and connections (instead of refrigeration components)
- Standard 2-year warranty
- Defrost function through shelf heating
Freeze Dryer Specifications
- 5, 7 to 9 shelves (according to preference)
- Eis condenser volume = 11 liters
- Eis condenser capacity = 8 kg
- Eis condenser power = 4 kg in 24h
- Eis condenser temperature -40 °C
- Minimum shelf temperature for freezing -35 °C
- Maximum shelf temperature for drying +60 °C
- Shelf temperature accuracy +/- 3 °C
- Typical product capacity = 9.6 kg at 80% moisture content
- Ultimate vacuum 2.5 x 10-2 mbar
- Maximum vacuum pump current: 3A
- Refrigerant R290
- Noise level (without vacuum pump): 54 dB(A)
- Interfaces USB, RS232C
- 5-inch color touchscreen
- Programmable for specific applications, e.g., to reduce the loss of terpenes
- Options for manual operation
- Automatic drying cycle
- USB connectivity for software upgrades and data logging
Xiros Mikro: Technical Details of the Freeze DryerTray size: up to 9 shelves = 200 x 450 x 15 mm
Shelf spacing: 9 shelves = 19 mm
External dimensions: 770 (D) x 748 (W) x 507 (H) mm
Weight: 119 kg
Electrically: 220 V +/-15% 50 Hz 8.5 A without pump; 11.5 A with pump (depending on the model)
Vacuum Pump Aether 8 for Freeze Dryer Xiros MikroThis vacuum pump from the Aether series is a two-stage oil-sealed high-speed rotary vane pump with direct drive motor. Suitable for use with inert gases in the low vacuum range with a small amount of non-condensable gas.
- HGS SKU Number 20611007
- Voltage 220V, 60Hz
- Free air displacement 142L/min (5.0 CFM)
- Maximum vacuum 0.003mbar / 3x10·1Pa
- Oil capacity 340ml / 11.5oz
- Net weight 11.4kg / 25.1 lbs
- Dimensions 340 x 138 x 244 mm / 13.4 x 5.4 x 9.6 inches
Warning from DirkI know, this affordable pump may tempt you to buy it and use it with the HGS freeze dryer. However, I advise against it! I guarantee you will not be happy with this type of vacuum pump. They are not maintenance-free but require regular servicing by specialized personnel. The special oil needs to be replaced and refilled under pressure regularly. There is always a risk of oil being drawn into your freeze dryer. This will ruin everything you have inside the machine. You will have to dismantle and clean the entire freeze dryer. Some plastic parts will need to be replaced as they are attacked by the oil and you won't be able to remove the oil. Additionally, this pump is very noisy during operation. A drying process takes between 3 and 24 hours!
I have searched and inquired extensively, but ultimately, the oil-free vacuum pumps are by far better suited. The investment is truly worthwhile.
Vacuum Pump: The Key to Successful Laboratory Freeze Drying
A vacuum pump is an essential instrument in modern laboratory technology, particularly in freeze drying. Freeze drying is a process of removing moisture from materials by drying them at low temperatures below the freezing point. This process allows for the preservation of a wide range of materials, such as proteins, enzymes, bacteria, cannabinoids, medications, and food, while maintaining their effectiveness.
How is a Vacuum Pump Used in Freeze Drying?
A vacuum pump like the Anemos is used to create a vacuum inside the freeze dryer. This vacuum enables the removal of moisture from the material by reducing the vapor pressure difference between the interior of the chamber and the surroundings. As a result, the moisture is drawn out of the material before it freezes.